Many people suffer from missing teeth even with all the latest improvements in dentistry. Gum disease and tooth decay as well as trauma are some of the reasons people either lose teeth or need teeth extracted. When faced with this, patients are forced to make a decision on what to do next. They can either do nothing, replace the missing teeth with a denture or bridge, or replace them with teeth implants. Smile Dental offers and recommends digital implants to patients with missing or severely damaged teeth.
Digital implants are changing people’s lives as a more natural alternative to dentures and dental bridges. An implant is a bio-compatible titanium post, acting as an anchor for a replacement tooth or dental crown. The implant procedure is minimally invasive with easy recovery and the most natural and permanent solution to tooth loss. Dr. Yang places all types of digital implants in our Lakewood dental practice for the replacement of one or more missing teeth.
Digital Implants can used to replace:
- A single tooth that is missing or broken due to trauma or a tooth that has significant decay and can’t be corrected with a dental crown or other restoration
- Multiple teeth where a dental bridge may normally be used
- A full arch of teeth by securing a denture
What are the benefits of digital implants?
With a success rate of up to 98%, there are many benefits to dental implants:
- Appearance. Digital implants are the most natural looking and feeling replacement teeth.
- Improved Speech and Easier Eating. Implants are permanent and do not slip when speaking or eating.
- Durability.Dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Improved oral health. Because implants don’t require remaining teeth to be compromised, your own teeth are left intact.
- Comfortable. Unlike removable dentures, implants are permanent and fit perfectly.
Digital Implants - What to Expect
The most important part in your digital implant procedure is proper planning. No two patients are alike and a treatment plan must be customized for the patient and their unique set of circumstances. This takes time and a lot of prep work. Dr. Yang will do a comprehensive dental exam and will work on your custom treatment plan next.
In most cases, our dentists are able to perform extractions and place digital implants, sometimes in one visit, right in our Lakewood dental office. Digital implants are successful in part because they are fused to living bone. During the procedure, the periodontist will place a tiny titanium post into the jaw bone which serves as an artificial root. It will take about three to six months for the implant to heal and integrate into the bone. Next, the dental crown, dental bridge, or denture will be placed on the implant(s) to restore natural function and beauty to the tooth.
Learn More About Digital Implants
Schedule a Consultation
If you currently suffer from missing or broken teeth, digital implants are a great way to restore your smile. To find out if you are a candidate for digital implants, schedule an appointment with Smile Dental of Lakewood today.