A dental crown is a permanent restorative treatment that covers the tooth like a “cap” to provide protection and stability to teeth affected by damage or decay. Fully encasing a tooth, they essentially become the new outer layer and will sit just above the gum line.
At Smile Dental of Lakewood, Dr. Yang uses a variety of materials for dental crowns, but the most popular is a porcelain crown. Porcelain dental crowns are highly durable, stain resistant, and very natural looking.
Do You Need Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns can be used to:
- Protect a tooth weakened by decay or damage
- Prevent chipped or broken tooth from breaking apart
- Restore teeth that are severely worn down
- Replace an existing restoration that covers more than half of the tooth
- Reinforce a tooth after root canal therapy
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling when there isn’t enough remaining tooth structure
- Support a dental bridge
- Cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
Dental crowns are also used in dental implants to restore beauty and function. While the dental implant serves as the replacement tooth root, the dental crown becomes the replacement tooth. Learn more about the benefits of dental implants. Dr. Yang may also suggest using a dental crown for cosmetic purposes as well. With advances in dental technology, dental crowns look just like your natural teeth and will blend in with the rest of your smile. Since they encase the entire tooth, they have the ability to hide many cosmetic imperfections.
'Our Service' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Dental Fillings (0)||2020.01.16|
|Teeth Whitening (0)||2020.01.16|
|Porcelain Veneers (0)||2020.01.16|
|Dental Bridges (0)||2020.01.14|